- We do not share your personal information with other services or people except for services that make our apps and sites work.
- We store your information to improve your user experience and for support purposes.
- We are a responsible steward of the information we hold.
And our long version
1. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information below through your use of Apps and/or Sites. Personal Information. Personal Information is information that identifies you or another person. We collect Personal Information through your app settings, if you provide it directly to us via email, if you invite people using Date Picker or if you upload contact information to our Sites with the intention to use this information to invite people. We may also collect Personal Information when you send us messages, comments, questions or suggestions or if you participate in blogs, forums, message boards, chat rooms, profile pages and other services within which you are able to post information, if any, through Services and/or on Sites (collectively, Forums). We may also collect Personal Information through certain features. We use this information to provide with customer service and a better user experience. Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes Session and Usage Data, Log Data and Aggregate Information, each as described below. Session and Usage Data. Session and Usage Data is information about your use of Apps and/or Sites. Please note that Session and Usage Data does not include any Personal Information nor does it include Content you may transmit or share through the use of Apps or Sites. Log Data. When you interact with us or use Apps or Sites, our systems may automatically collect your unique User Device number, the IP address, type of browser or operating system you use, and the dates and times of your use (Log Data). Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information is data we collect about a group or category of services or Users from which individual User identities have been removed. In other words, information on how you use Services and Sites may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Apps and Sites, but no personally identifiable information will be included in the resulting Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information helps us understand trends in our Users' needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the the Apps and Sites. Except for Date Picker we do not collect content or appointments you put into your calendar.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information:to respond to your inquiries, fulfil your requests, provide services, or complete transactions you have requested.
- to send you information regarding Apps and Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and Policies and/or other administrative information.
- to resolve problems with Apps or Sites.
- to create an individual profile and provide personalized services.
- to suggest that you use or take advantage of certain features within Apps or Sites.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
3. HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
Personal Information. In general, we use Session and Usage Data internally to serve our Users and enable them to take maximum advantage of Apps and Sites. All information collected is stored in our database and may be archived elsewhere. We may disclose your Personal Information:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as Web site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services, but only to the extent necessary or useful to provide such services, and only pursuant to contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your Personal Information.
- provided by you on Forums freely and without limitation. Please note that any Personal Information you post or disclose on Forums will become public information, and may be available to visitors of Sites. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on Sites.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process, whether originating in the United States or other territory; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and (h) if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires immediate disclosure of communications or your Personal Information exists.
4. THIRD-PARTY SITES
In general, Apps and Sites access third party information (such as your Facebook account information) through application interfaces. We may provide links to third-party Web sites, such as Facebook, as a service to our Users.
5. USERS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We cannot control the actions of other Users with whom you share your information. We cannot, and do not, control the information you share with other Users using Apps or Sites (including Forums) or how such other Users will use or share such information. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of our security measures.
6. CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you don’t want to receive any messsage from us, please click the link below to block your email address. To ensure you won't receive any messages from us anymore we will add your email address to a blocked address list. This is the only way we can prevent other users sending you invites or event information using this email address in the future. Furthermore, we will remove your Date Picker account and any Date Picker events you generated. Other users will keep the opportunity to send you messages using their own email.Block email address
Press the link below to unblock your email account, enabling you to receive messages from us again.Unblock email address
If you have questions about your Personal Information, please contact us at Helpdesk page.
We are very concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and use. Please be aware that no security measures that we take to protect your information is absolutely guaranteed to avoid unauthorized access or use of your Personal Information or is impenetrable. In accordance with EU regulations any data breach will be notified to Dutch data protection authority, even if protective measures, such as encryption, are in place; or the likelihood of harm is low.
8. RETENTION PERIOD
9. INTERNATIONAL USERS
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by using our Apps or Sites you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries, including the United States, which may be outside of your country of residence and may provide for different and less stringent data protection rules than in your country. If you object to your Personal Information being transferred or used as described in this Policy, please do not use our Apps or Sites and immediately delete all Applications from your User Devices.
10. PERSONAL DATA
Except for Date Picker purposes Apps and Sites do not transmit, store or collect any of your personal data at all. We don't have any interest in your data - it's yours, after all. Date Picker events will be automatically deleted one month after the last date of the event. If you have a paid Date Picker plan, events won't be deleted (except on your specific request) but will be kept so you can reference them in the future.
Anonymous Statistics For the purpose of building the best apps, anonymous statistics such as device type and app version are stored and send to our servers. For example, if we find out that none of our users are still using an iPhone 3GS, we can stop testing on this device, allowing us to focus on newer stuff, instead of supporting legacy. If you dont want us to gather this information either, you can simply disable it in Settings by switching off the 'Anonymously collect usage statistics' switch.
Travel Time In order to calculate Travel Time which is based on current time and traffic, locations are send to our servers. We do not store these locations. If you disable Travel Time no locations wont be send.
Content Subscriptions When you go to the calendar store inside the apps or when you have one or more calendar subscriptions, for example public holidays, once in a while a connection with our servers is made to check if there is new calendar content available for you. This update request contains:
- The App version so we can send back the correct calendar version;
- Your language preference, so you can actually read the content;
- Your Country preference, so we can send back calendars tailored for your country. For example, we have different calendars available for British users (Soccer calendars), than we have for USA users (Football calendars);
- Version of data you downloaded earlier, enabling us to send you calendar changes only thus saving bandwidth.
Sharing of Events When uploading an event or using the 'Share with Messages' functionality, the event selected will be send to our servers where it gets stored, enabling you to send a small and unique web link which can be imported as an event into their calendar. The reason for uploading the event is that it is impossible to share events via Messages, Text or SMS in any other way: only text and web links are possible. All links are deleted after a month automatically.
Information used on your device None of the information below is send to our Servers, it is used on your device only!
Calendar App Being calendar (related) applications and site, Apps and Site obviously write to your calendars.
Address Book Your Address Book is accessed for:
- Presentation of birthdays
- Linking events to contacts (name & address)
- Sending invitations
11. RIGHT OF ERASURE
In accordance with European legislation you can delete your account and the events you own from the system in the account section of Sites. It is however possible that another user invites, or informs, you about an event again in the future. If you don’t want this either we can block your email address.
12. CONTACTING US / REPORTING VIOLATIONS
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy or our privacy practices about our Services or Sites, please contact us at Helpdesk page.
Questions? Feel free to contact us.